This post may contain affiliate links. As an affiliate, I make a commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. See Disclaimer for more details.
Also known as carrot French fries 😂
Roasting vegetables is one of my most favorite ways to eat them.
Add garlic and Parmesan to a roasted veggie and they taste so delicious, I actually crave them.
I’ve noticed that the less added sugar I eat, the sweeter everything else tastes.
Sometimes fruit is too sweet for me. Sometimes vegetables taste very sweet.
These roasted carrots are quite sweet to me!
When I cook, I don’t usually have time or energy for extreme precision, measuring, or complicated recipes.
I need “throw and go”.
This is a good and bad thing! It’s great to be able to cook good food fast. But when I accidentally make an amazing new recipe, and I haven’t written it down, I have no way to replicate it later 🙁
I make these carrots a little different every time, but they are always good. It’s an art, not a science. And it’s an art that you can master too.
All you need is:
- Green herbs
- White spices
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan if you have some
Today I used coconut oil, but you can use butter or olive oil.
Did you notice my spice jars? I was getting tired of having 7,000 little plastic bags of unlabeled spices floating around my pantry, so I got these glass jars to keep them organized and fresh! I love them! I am going to build a cute little rack for them in the pantry to display them on!
For herbs I used oregano, but you can use rosemary (one of my favorites!) chives, parsley, dill, etc.
I always like to add a lot of garlic and onion powders as well.
When making these carrots, you want to slice them so they are about a quarter inch thin or so. I usually just cut them into fourths.
Make sure to save the carrot tops in the freezer to make stock with later!
Drizzle on the oil, and stir them all to coat it well. Then sprinkle on all the spices and the Parmesan if you’re using it, then in the oven it goes!
I like to roast them for about an hour at 375, to let them caramelize. The cheese gets fried a little which just tastes so good!
I could eat them all.
After the kids were in bed I literally went to the fridge and was eating the leftover carrots, cold. They’re just so good!
I even eat them for breakfast.
The baby likes them, but not as much as I do. Silly baby. 🙂
Herbed & Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- 5-10 Whole Carrots (Enough to fill one sheet pan)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil (Or Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (I use shredded parmesan, not the kind in a green can.)
- Preheat the Oven to 375°
- Slice the carrots into 1/4 in thick sticks, (I usually half or quarter each carrot), then arrange on the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly on all the carrots.
- Sprinkle the spices across all the carrots, adding more if needed. Then stir all the carrots to evenly coat the oil and spices. Re arrange all the carrots so they are a single layer and none of them are touching. (As much as possible)
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then check. The carrots should be fork soft. If they need more time, rotate the pan and cook for an additional 10 minutes or so.
- Once the carrots have reached your desired softness (about an hour for me), turn on HIGH broil, and broil the tops for 2-3 minutes to add some color. Make sure not to let them burn.